I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Another one bites the dust

Chapter 23 is done. I didn't think it was (finished Monday), but there were only a few more words that needed to be added to get to a natural break. So, another 1106 words, which is okay because not much happens (comparatively). A (hopefully final) subplot got started. One action in Chapter 22 didn't make so much sense, but now it all starts to make sense. This one, however, is a biggun. As in, if there is more than one book, this subplot will continue through. It also solves another problem I figured would be handled in the rewrite, but this is a little more elegant and natural. Adds to the world building and makes our hero's life a little more complex.

Also got a bunch of 24 done today as well (maybe 650 words). There's also a bunch that I thought would be in 22, but now looks like chapter 26 or so. While doing 24 I realized why I focused on a certain event in the earlier chapters, I didn't think it would be a thing, but now I know it will be. Not sure how it'll play out, but I know what starts it.

So with chapters "done" I'm up to 38,115 words. Go me.

No comments: