I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bang bang Maxwell's Silver Hammer

Chapter 25 is in the bag at 1912 words. Some of them quite good words. I'm pretty happy with this Chapter. It's the first one where Gary gets himself out of trouble (mostly, still needs a ride), but he again ends up pretty bruised.

Clarke shuffled me out into the waiting car and drove me to the mansion to have the doctor look me over. I had enough contusions for a high school football team in a championship game and at least two cracked ribs and what would probably be a nice shiner in the morning, but other than broken I wasn't busted. Santana then grilled me for a half hour before sending me home.


Yeah, I'm liking this chapter. The action is pretty good. The words are fun. Good way to start into Act III.

I continued to haul back on the sword hilt like a mad rower attempting to leap his scull up a waterfall salmon style. I forced both of our cars over the median which jostled Maxwell enough he stopped firing wildly. An oncoming tractor-trailer took out the gun car in a flurry of jakebreaking and airhorn.


No comments: