I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Margle

Well, proofed some books I laid out for client and I can't believe how much I missed. To be fair to me, the majority of them were either numbers or small words or even single letters in words that were bolded (yeah, I don't know why, they just were). But the amount of them is disconcerting. And I missed a bulleted list that was small letters organized that switched to numbers on the import (have I said how much I just love Word).

So tomorrow I'll be making the changes.

Also, explaining to sales person just what "lay out" means was interesting.

Spent time over lunch checking things (unpaid, I hate that, but it was my own initiative, damn my professionalism). So no words today.

Tonight I mowed the lawn, trimmed, and cleaned windows on the cars (all of which were a week over due). Very tired now. So no words tonight.

Sigh. Hopefully this is an aberration and not a sign of things to come.

No comments: