I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Busy Day

Spent the day working outside. I was finally able to mow the lawn, which I did. Twice. At angles to each other. Yes, it was necessary. Then I leveled some stepping stones in the front yard. Because I should have done it when I put them down, but was convinced by others that they would sink to level out in some new dirt we had laid down (that didn't happen).

But, you know what I like about my lawn? It's a whole ecology, not just fescues.


As you can see, I have a wide range of plants in my overgrown yard (this is just a sample).


Just so you could see the indian paintbrush up close. I did hire a crew to help me, but they all they do is hang around in the sun, drinking my whiskey. Damn gnomes.

2 comments:

Fabutronic Sheila said...

I love your lawn, it's biodiversity in action!

Ours is much the same. The neighbors wonder why the rabbits are always hanging out here, and why we're the only ones who have lots of fireflies in the summertime.

Steve Buchheit said...

Sheila, the fireflies are fabulous in the summer. Also, while some part of my lawn get brownish, I've never had dead spots, yet.