I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, June 13, 2011

Linkee-poo is out of sorts

Tobias Buckell posts a video take on the Global Climate Change op-ed by Bill McKibben. Yes. That. Before I had originally read his op-ed I had commented to friends that I we certainly were in the new century considering all the 100 year events we've experienced in the past few years. See, I remember a time when the yearly flooding of the Mississippi wasn't news (at least to those of us not in its path).

Huhn, new to me (because I haven't looked at Harley's or gone to a bike show in almost five years), Harley Davidson rejects chrome for it's latest line. It's going to take a bit to wrap my head around that. If you want to know why, Chrome is practically a religion for some HD enthusiasts.

Living cells with lasers. Skipping the sharks with frickin' lasers jokes, some cool post-human nepery in there. (Grokked from Jay Lake and Dan)

In regards to "the stories we tell ourselves", this quote about history that makes the point of how distractive they can be. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

And finally, because I find them cool, gargoyles and grotesques.

No comments: