I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, June 3, 2011

Random Thoughts from a Commute

Last night I didn't do any writerly activities and it felt weird. I like that it felt weird.

A 4 cylinder, sub compact with a tow package? Really?

Dear fellow commuters, I appreciate your concern for my gas mileage, but that's why I bought a Honda Civic and you bought the F-150. Please drive close to the speed limit.

Can we all get a clue and turn on our headlights when there's deep shadows still on the road.

Dear deer, you're crepuscular, it's 2 hours after the sun is fully in the sky. WTF are you doing trying to cross 4 lanes of traffic?

You are not the only person who may be running a little late. You might want to get going a little faster so more cars can merge.

No comments: