I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Advance to the Rear!

All around neat guy Tobias Buckell has his Author Advance Survey going on. While I think he gets more authors who have published novels reading his blog than are reading mine, he has asked for assistance on getting the word out. If you're an author with a novel that's been published, even if you filled out his first survery (three-years ago), Tobias is asking for you to help out again.

tobias is a very good resource for authors, both published, neopros, and newbies. He is a veritable font on publishing information and he is willing to share. I've learned more from reading his blog, listening to his panels at cons, and talking with him in the bars over the past year and a half than I learned in ten years of random searching.

So, while I don't have an advance to enter, I'm doing my best to help him. Hopefully when he does the next update I'll be a datum on his chart. I hope and pray I will. And it'll have much to do because of his help.

No comments: