I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Just when things were going so well

Yes, overtime is down and I was beginning to feel like a real human. And then this happened.

Damn.

First, I'm feeling all right, plowing through the vinyls, chipper than a chipmonk in whatever chimpmonks like. Mine mostly bark at me.

Then I decide to check up on what's happening over at the Whatever, where we (that's the royal we, BTW) were playing with the trolls yesterday.

Now I'm a shambling undead mumbling, "brainz," in response to work orders and wondering if chipmonk brains would make a good appetizer. Sigh.

3 comments:

Janiece said...

Hmmm...Chipmonk brains. No wonder the undead-American dog is always chasing them!

Ken McConnell said...

It's a good thing you mentioned where this started, I was lost. I just figured some people had too much time on their hands.

Steve Buchheit said...

kemcco, I still think we have too much time on our hands.

janiece65, it's also why my undead-cat is so facinated with them.

Mmmm, chimpmonk brainz, rowrrrr, purr purr purr