There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Friday, August 21, 2009

Rejection Writerly Linkee-poo for Friday

OSC Intergalactic Medicine show sends word they're passing on my humorous flash fantasy "Prince Wanted." The letter is short and sweet, but I'm not sure it's a form (I'll have to check older rejections from them). So, sometime this weekend it's back to duotrope (and now that I think about it, it's been quite a few weeks since I've been there).

So on that vein, some writerly links.

The blog, "Pimp My Novel" has been spilling the beans about sales. Here's their post for Fantasy and here's the one for SF. They also do reports on other genres (literary, childrens, etc).

The Rejectionist with book ideas they couldn't make up, even if they wanted to. Wow. Really, if you think you're ideas are crap, you need to check out these three.

Seanan McQuire gives us some thoughts on writing. And her discussion of "Recess" is so spot on, I was misty-eyed by the end of it. (Grokked from Catherine Schaff-Stump).

Tobias Buckell extolls the virtues of Story Tracker which somewhat does something I've been looking for as well. I think Duotrope will also handle this, but, frankly, I haven't taken the time to check it out. So, another reason to get that iTouch (they're building up).

And the Blood Red Pencil continues to dish up some good content (I'm way behind my reading there).

edited to include Kate Elliot talking of Identity and characterization over on Tor.com.

No comments: