I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Well, there's more there there after all

Finished up Chapter 22 tonight. It came out at 1653 words, which brings our total to 37707. Didn't get as far as I expected with this chapter, but I think it went well. Set up some things, a little world building through inference. So I might not be in as much a pickle as I thought. I'm liking where this is going. Help is now flowing to the main characters, and they're developing their plans. Plus I was also able to work in the new background stuff about Japan being first in to help. Will work through some other of the history in the forth coming chapters.

I know there are things in the future that will set them back, but those will be fewer than before. They have what they need to make the finish, they just don't have it all together yet.

But hey, three chapters in a week. That's a good pace (although I don't think I had any the week before).

Had enough interference today with doing chores I didn't expect (along with the ones I did). The mud plaster to fix the walls looks good with the second coat. Depending on how it sands down, two might be all it gets.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Rick said...

It's a great pace, Steve! Good work, and where do you get the energy?

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, Rick. I don't know where I got it this week. Maybe it's that feeling that October is coming and I'm not done with everything that needed done. Or it's seeing all my free time being scheduled for the next month.