I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Slogging

I'm still continuing on Chapter 17, although I just passed an even better breaking point. That will depend on how long the hospital room scene goes (all four working bladesmen in one room). I didn't do a word count, but I think there was another 500 words or so (updated file is on a usb drive back in the bedroom (still in my pant's pocket) and when I go back there next, it'll be to go to sleep. Seriously tired.

I'm starting to feel like my characters are sounding alike. But that might just be mid-book "OMG! I'm losing it" hysteria, which I'm trying to keep tamped down.

Considering the rumor mill in the village is swinging wildly (there are certain people behind it, I taught them a lesson two years ago, obviously they thought because I didn't continue to beat them over their rhetorical head and shoulders that I've gone soft, it's a classic bully mistake that they expect others to act the bully). So there was a large part of mental time and space that has been allocated to village stuff (and probably will be until September) that I'm glad I'm still getting out the words.

Good lines are coming out of the blue. Depth and roundness of story, world, and characters continues to surprise me (when I haven't given deep conscious thought to them). But I've have the thoughts of "Man, I wish this was done already." Need to keep those at bay.

No comments: