I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Linkee-poo falls off the wagon, again

Last night I didn't get any more editing done. There was too much to do yesterday and the day job is sucking my brain away. There's a lot I could complain about, but I'll just say it's all reasons I had when I had a choice of positions for not taking a studio or in-house job.

Well, seems that even conservative voices are starting to lose patience with Sarah Palin (although to be fair, David Frum has never been smitten with her before). Also notice the comments about even her recent appearance on the softball show of Hannity might come off as not even convincing to her base of supporters. I believe the quote he was looking for, "The lady doth protest too much." It's a bitcher when you realize blood is on your hands and you can't wash them off fast enough. What I think is hilarious is that, just like me, people aren't making a direct connection, but talking about the "tone". That just seems like to subtle a difference for the side of "With Us/Against Us."

But I guess when you have freshman representatives making asses out of themselves by 1) choosing an inappropriate topic (child labor for instance) and 2) being defeated by actual history (sure, the Supreme Court ruled the original law was unconstitutional, but then completely missing that twenty years later a new law banning child labor was unanimously upheld by the Supreme Court, and with such a ruling invalidated your main premise). But then, when has reality had anything to do with modern conservative values or ideas? Did I mention the revisionists or the ability to flip-flop positions like a champion belly whooper among the conservatives?Probably not.

Say, did you hear about the backpack bomb found before the Spokane MLK Parade? Nope, neither had I until Dan pointed it out to me. Notice that this device was an actual working bomb, unlike other scares that were on the 24/7 newscycle.

I wonder if you could lose weight on the newscycle (I've been gaining these past two weeks, stress eating). And tonight starts the A&P II class, and this weekend I'm on several panels that I haven't been able to do basic research on. I hate not being prepared.

No comments: