There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday morning fuzzyheadedness

Sunday morning

Last night I had a dream that I was at a large writing workshop. There were several large video projection screens and a panel of heavy weight authors and agents. The workshop class numbered around a hundred, all packed into a classroom with tables (as compared to the usual workshop experience of just having chairs and you write your notes the best way possible). I remember clearly the end of the day. I suddenly found that on a screen to my left, one that was hard for me to read as I was sitting on the far left of the class (the screen was along the left wall of the classroom) there were homework assignments that hadn't been discussed in the lecture. I tried to get an angle where I could read the screen, and couldn't make anything out that was intelligible as an assignment before the screen projector was turned off. Then we had to packup and get out. That involved a bookbag, a series of notebooks and a totebag of books. I would pack mine up only to find I had somehow picked up someone else's materials. This happened several times, all while I was desperately asking my fellow workshoppers just what the assignments were. A totally frustrating experience.

So this morning, having a quick scan of the news leads to a few strange conclusions. The first of which is the post humble of the Giffords shooting is now behind us.

Tell me again how the conservative movements, including the tea party, aren't about race again or about rolling back civil liberty actions, because I keep forgetting. Slactivist has some comments about the TN school curriculum thing.

No comments: