I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, July 15, 2011

Linkee-poo cries at the end of an era, first the shuttle, now Harry Potter

Well, both will live on in their various incarnations.

A prominent author takes a breather. Pointed to for it's relevance that authors should have lives, a little on the inside baseball of the industry, and the fact that everybody's career is different. (Grokked from John Scalzi)

One person does not a trend make, but something tells me we'll hear various spins on Stephanie Swainston's story from the "Self Publish Rulez" people to the "don't write" people.

Seven awesome images that will remind you space shots are cool. (Pointed to by Dan)

Sarah Palin reuses her "Don't retreat, reload" line again, this time on the debt ceiling crisis. Sigh.

The Bush Administration put politics and ideology ahead of actual science and public safety? Shocked, shocked I am… you know, I need a new quote. I think I just wore that one out.

They just help you if you need help. This is my basic argument and disagreement with faith-based initiatives (and one of my standing critiques of the Obama White House, he hasn't dismantled that office, I'm inclined to give him some sway here as he has changed it, a little, and if he did dismantle it the "He's a Secret Muslim" crowd would go nuts). (Grokked from Jay Lake)

No comments: