I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Linkee-poo is TNT, dynamite

Horrible bosses. (Pointed to by WannaBeWriter06).

Eric has been knocking them out of the park, lately. It reminds me of when I worked in the Admissions Office at UofA (way back when). Near the end of my 3 years of working in that office, I was regularly explaining the duties of other offices to the people who worked in those offices. And I'm not talking about things like "customer service", I talking about, "you're the Records department, sending out copies of transcripts is what you do. Stop referring your calls to us."

Tor.com is giving away an iPad2. I can tell you after using it for a few months now, it's an amazing piece of kit. Still love my laptop, but the tablet is real close. With IOS5, it'll even be better. And, sure, it's only the 8gig model. It's free. Which is best. (They're also giving away model rockets!)

Dear Wisconsin State Senator Wannabee VanderLesst, you keep telling yourself that, bubba. It's almost as good as if you had won, I'm sure.

And this is why when people say, "We'll cut the budget" or "We'll make reforms" you've got to pin them down on specifics. Just what are you cutting, and how. "(from the Quinnipiac poll report on why Gov. Kasich's approval numbers continue to drop) Voters may say 2-1 they wanted him to balance the budget just through spending cuts…, but they don't like the cuts that he and the Legislature approved. By 50 - 32 percent, voters say the budget is unfair to people like them. When voters think a politician is treating them unfairly, that's not good for the politician's political health." I believe that gets the "D'uh!" award of the year. People want government to balance the budget just through "cuts" because they don't have the first clue as to how much government spends where and for what (let alone how much it affects other items in myriads of ways). I'll point out here, our Gov has worse poll numbers than the President at this point. (Pointed to by Dan) And speaking of Ohio politics, proud, yet, of the people you helped get elected this time?

Next up (in the ZOMG, DOMA may be going down in flames panic fest) the discredited polygamous argument. And can "bestiality" be far behind? I expect that to come up by the weekend. Remember my comment yesterday about just getting tired of the disproving (and proving) the same arguments over and over again. Can we just start handing out signs now?

And speaking of signs, oh look, another of O'Keefe's videos doesn't hold up when you look at the whole thing. Strange that.

No comments: