I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

there's still enough in the health care bill for me to support it, but...

Dear Senator Lieberman,

You aren't my Senator, but there's no campaign finance law restricting cross-state donations. It will be another three years before you're up for re-election. I will be supporting your opponent, even if that means supporting the Republican challenger. The change won't be that much even in that case. And I mean to do this even if it gives the Republicans 60 votes in the Senate.

I don't mind principled stands on issues. As an elected official myself I understand them and know why they are sometimes necessary. However, you've shown yourself to be a small tyrant. One willing to offer a compromise only to yell, "psych!" and withdraw his support even when he gets what he was offering.

Thank you for your time. Don't let the door slam your ass on the way out.

No comments: