I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Darkness flops on the couch and changes the channels

A long day of working through various chores. Now is the relaxing time. Well, different work time. Editing.

Trying to work out schedules for the holidays. The snows advance, although for the third time this year it's worse south of us. What's the point of living in the snow belt if we don't get the snow?

It's the last weekend before Xmas and still so much to do.

Yesterday I had my quarterly checkup and as I thought I'm up six pounds from last time. Still above 300, no matter how hard I try. Well we talked a little about options, the option of the all protein diet came up again. We're adjusting the timing of the medication and continuing on with the exercising to see what happens. As the doctor told me the extended release version of metformin is actually more potent, so he's not sure what's happening.

So still more to do tonight and tomorrow. How's your weekend?

No comments: