I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Linkee-poo has been blown to somewhere over the rainbow

DaFont. 'nough said. Okay, maybe not. There are some excellent fonts in there, many for free or shareware. Not many that you'll want to set body copy in, but, man, the variety for display fonts is excellent. (Pointed to by Dan)

They haven't updated the website, but rumors are Steven Brust will be an instructor at Viable Paradise this year. I love my instructors when I went, but, man, that makes me want to reconsider applying again (some people have gone more than once, but I don't have anything new to workshop there, also I don't think I'd have the cash/time to do it again).

As noted everywhere, Machine of Death 2 is now open for submissions. MoD1 did very well by Camille, IIRC.

On the birther thing. I only have one more thing to say, why didn't any of the newspapers just print the Donald's photo with "PWNED!" as the caption? (Pointed to by Morgan J. Locke)

Facebook continues the journey to the Dark Side. (Pointed to by Dan)

Erin O'Brien on why regulation is good for you. I also remember the layer of haze that was permanently over Philly and my then adopted home, Cleveland. I'm not talking about "bad days you can see the air", you could see the layer even on good days. (Pointed to by Steven Gould)

And Porter Grand, the lycanlibrarian, would like to remind you, it's Halloween in April.

Kink is the new black. Somewhat NSFW. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Favorite tweet of the day, @GeorgeTakei In case you missed it : TN bill willprevent use of word "gay" by teachers. I'm lending my name: "It's okay to be Takei."

I make a crack about me and John Audubon having the same birthday, and now the Zombie John Audubon is following me on twitter. Sigh.

No comments: