I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, April 11, 2011

There's a lesson

My Effective Interpersonal Communications text is $80, published last year, no used in this edition. You can consider my effective interpersonal communications to have been enhanced by that revelation. with slight buyers remorse I checked out Public Speaking. That text is $120, same issue. Also that's one of 3 books. Whew, dodged a bullet there.

So, my old habits are coming on strong and I'm thinking of how to liberate said book from some repository.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can find the ISBN, google it. We've found a significant number of college text books that way.

And the consolation is that you'll have a seller's market for the text next semester. Yeah, cold comfort.

Anonymous Cassie

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Cassie, I searched Amazon with the ISBN. I haven't looked to far a field yet (I was in class last night when I wrote that, during the break, kids, you should be using your phones/wifi devise during class). I'm thinking library book, right at the moment. The publication date is 2010.

Also, what I think the previous edition is seems to have a different title. So that avenue maybe closed off (as that typically denotes a major rewrite as compared to the normal "happy to glad change, new edition" games text book publishers do).

Anonymous said...

Use Google, not Amazon. There are plenty of other places to buy books. Google will find them for you. Alternatively, google the author's name. And read VERY CAREFULLY the reviews of the sellers - I've had some very bad experiences with Amazon resellers and good with Half.com. Ebay is another useful place, but if you've got the wrong edition, there's no return.

Brought to you by "Years of Experience with Obscure Engineering Texts."

AC