I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's Not a Halloween Mask

On friday I got my CPAP machine. It's a very nice. I decided to try a nasal mask (that the mask that just fits over the nose). During my trial test, I used full masks, but found I was just breathing through my nose. So I figured just a nasal mask would do well.

Friday night it worked great. If I opened my mouth the resulting wind tunnel effect would wake me up (I only did it twice). Getting used to the pressure is difficult. With the health care provider we set the ramp up pressure to 4. Last night I felt that was a little low so I cranked it up to 5.5, and that felt a little better.

Last night, however, my fear of going right to a nose mask became real. About 7am my nose was too blocked up to keep going, and I was too tired to switch out masks (I still have one from the sleep study). So tonight I think I'll go to the full mask and see how that works.

But I have to say, yesterday I did feel much better. I still wake up to roll over, something that started when I broke my leg. Not fun. Hopefully I'll be able to correct for that soon. I also hope I won't be so tired during the week anymore.

No comments: