I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Linkee-poo on a misspent Sunday

I should be studying for a test tomorrow. Guess what I'm doing instead.

In the tradition of Ms. Snark, the Query Shark. And now I need to go see if I was writing a log line in my proto-query copy. (Pointed to by Astrid)

Ritual objects for Dia de los Muertos. I've been toying with changing out my Halloween decorations for decorations that incorporate more of the Mexican visual vocabulary for DdlM. (Grokked from ticia42)

Another of the 53% images debunked.

"Molasses to Rum to Slaves." A doctoral paper on slavery in New York. (Grokked from ChiaLynn)

Mr. Dickinson I'm surprised at you. A rebellion is always legal in the first person, such as “our rebellion.” It is only in the third person – “their rebellion” – that it becomes illegal. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

"They don’t hate capitalism. They hate what’s been done to it." Bill Maher on why the GOP doesn't get OWS. True dat. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

"It should have been evident… that the Republican Party is… becoming more like an apocalyptic cult, or one of the intensely ideological authoritarian parties of 20th century Europe." A take-down explanation of conservative political tactics of the last three decades. Don't worry, the Democrats don't get off easy in that essay either. A fairly long editorial by a retiring GOP congressional staffer. This pretty much hits all the point on why I am no longer a Republican. Truth to power. However, it'll probably be so much pissing in the wind. But I highly recommend reading it. And to quote another retirement memo, "May the smoke from the bridges I burn today be seen far and wide." (Grokked from Sheila)

Hey, remember when the president and CEO of Diebold said he would help deliver elections to G.W. Bush? And that once that was quoted outside the invite only GOP fund raiser he said that he was just talking about giving money, and not about how his company was delivering thousands of electronic voting machines and how they might have been rigged. Because, of course, nobody could or would want to rig elections through hacking the machines, so no paper trail was necessary. Yeah, he lied. As many of us who actually use computers know, it's relatively easy. (With a quick search, I can't find when and where this testimony was given, although the reference Rep. Stephanie Tubbs-Jones, so I am assuming this is a Congressional Committee in Washington that he is addressing) (Grokked from Jay Lake)

No comments: