There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Friday, September 7, 2007

More Writing Links from the Week, the Audio Portion

This week on the Diane Rehm show (have I ever gushed about her show here? If not, I'll have to sometime soon) we have the Steve Roberts (who is filling in for Diane) interview with John Heath & Lisa Adams on their new book "Why We Read What We Read." Excellent interview about the book where the authors read everything in the NYT's bestseller list and talk about what they found. That link is to the archive page where you can grab a replay of the show. The talk isn't specific genre, but good general stuff of "what readers are looking for."

Also, this weeks nano cast of edit Adventures in SF Publishing, end editWriter of the Future: Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta ad their panel on "Things I wish some professional had told me when I was starting out." I'm listening to it right now (and have backed up to relisten to a segment several times). Good things.

No comments: