I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Relax, we're with the band

So, I have the contractor we used for the bookshelves in our house installing today. Mondays and Wednesdays Bette has work, so they're there without one of us being there. It makes me nervous and I don't like it.

I know they're professionals (or I hope they are, in my experience not everybody who should be a professional actually is). It's just someone I don't know well is in my home when nobody else is there.

Have you ever had to have this happen? Did it go well?

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

It's totally common, plenty of people do it all the time, and it creeps me right the frick out. Sorry I wasn't more soothing.

Steve Buchheit said...

Well, except for the new holes in the wall and saw dust everywhere, so far so good.