I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

One of those panic moments

Keeping up with any profession requires a lot of homework. I just had a moment where I realized that I am trading off the design career for the writing career. I think I've passed the 33% mark which is a little scary for not having made a cent from writing, yet.

In the background of work is a discussion about someone learning HTML and Flash to do websites. Part of my brain took off thinking of Flash programing (which I would be REAL rusty at now), current CSS implementation, HTML 4 coding requirements and everything from 3 that's been depricated. Hell, I don't even know what's current anymore. It's a panic moment where you realize that you might not be able to get that next job if you needed it. I'm sure with a month of intense work I could be back up there. I guess it's more of a "hey, these tools are rusty and you aren't working to oil them up?"

I better get that first novel written so I can write novels 2-whatever.

No comments: