There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Friday, December 16, 2011

Linkee-poo knows it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll

Stick a fork in it, the intertubules have been won. (Grokked from everywhere)

We all have our million dollar ideas. Here's Dan's. I have to admit that I'm often puzzled by what these car stickers mean (yes, I know they're country codes from the EU, but that's not how we use them here in the US). At least these I'll understand. Plus, Dan's looking for feedback while he's in the testing phase. Any ones he should include, ideas for his commercial site, whatever?

I hate it when Hollywood does fairy tales. Why? Because they intentionally fuck it up. Jack and the Bean Stalk is not the same Jack in Jack the Giant Killer. Sure, they have the same first name, but then I have the same first name with Stephen Hawking. And I doubt anyone would confuse the two of us. Jack is an all purpose name for "everyman hero" in the fairy tales of the British Isles.

Oh Noes! Another Ghost Rider movie. Look, I saw the first one really, really wanting it to be cool. I mean, come on; motorcycle, flaming skull, demonic fighting with a flaming chain, Nic Cage, Peter Fonda, and Sam Elliot… it should have been damn awesome. How can you screw up such a thing? But screw up they did. It was one of those movies that you end up continuing to watch just to see how bad it would suck, and it even failed that test. Okay, I admit, I was really tired when I watched it. Like, "Oh, the remote is all the way on the other side of the couch, I'll never turn the channel again," tired. But still, blech.

Kelly Swails shares a holiday greeting. As she says, "It's Serratia marcescens and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, in case you're wondering."

"Into the kitchen rushes a Lubavitch SWAT team of three rabbis and an intern." An article on making the White House Kitchen Kosher for the Holidays (and you know which ones I'm talking about). "During the tumult, Rabbi Baron reviews a Hebrew passage from Shulchan Aruch, the venerable code of Jewish law. He finds it on his iPad." (that last is a personal note to me to rewrite "Grace" to send out). (Grokked from Jay Lake)

The newsworthy events of 2011 in Lego. I wonder if the OWS will become a commercial set? (Grokked from Jim Hines)

So, just who are the job creators? (Hint: No, it ain't the rich). No need to worry, that banging sound is someone trying to shatter of world views of the GOP (they're particularly hard headed). And here I'll just point out that I hope you're all noticing that the GOP isn't for tax breaks for everybody (like the payroll tax holiday that affects all working people), they're just for tax breaks for the rich (those of you in the other 9% of the top 10% just get the benefit of being close, but the GOP isn't looking out for you either). (Pointed to by Sheila)

Oh, hell no. Those anti-immigration laws can't be about just brown people. So, besides driving Alabama's agricultural industry into the ground, it's also affecting all those industries that Alabama lured in to increase their tax base. But I'm sure they're not looking to revise their law just because some non-brown people were "inconvenienced." No, I'm sure they have some better reason to rethink their idiotic, racist, Jim Crow wannabe crap law. (Grokked from Tobias Buckell)

Ta-Nehisi Coates with and interesting squib on cultural and our inherited baggage. I've also experienced the same thing he did and had been wondering about it. (Grokked from Jay Lake)

Tweet of my heart:
@seriouslyemily: The correct algorithm to find the serving size of Doritos is your height divided by your sad.

No comments: