I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Synchronicity

Saw Captain America for the first time last night (yeah, I know, but I've been really busy). The one thing I want to comment about, thought, is I'm now in love with Steve Viola. He's the designer behind the end title sequence. They used vintage propaganda posters to develop the titles and, I'll admit, left me in total designer squee mode. So that's why it's sad to hear that Joe Simon passed on the day before I saw the modern movie based on his creation.

2 comments:

fabutronic sheila said...

The end title sequence for "Captain America" was fantastic! I would never have seen it if you hadn't posted a link. Just not into superhero movies, I guess.

When I showed it to my Steve, he mentioned how much he had liked it, too, and he also told me I should watch the opening title sequence for "Flubber." Found that on YouTube and enjoyed it, too!

Steve Buchheit said...

I'll have to look that one up. Thanks, Sheila.