There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Chick-lits? No, Ficlets!

John Scalzi (Ha! did you know about this post?) points to an interesting experiement, Ficlets. I've done this exercise before, someone writes a part, next person writes a part or a begining, iterate. It'll be interesting to see where this goes. I hope for John's sake (as he's a part of this) that it goes up. I'll probably use this to get juices flowing. I thought it might be good story bones, but the Creative Commons licensing bounces that idea. But it could be a lot of fun.

Edited 03-14-07, 8:20am. John gives props out to some people for Ficlets, AOL's Kevin Lawver and John Anderson. Good job, dudes. I hope it goes well for your sakes as well.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

Yeah, with my ultra-cool fellow Broad Universe Member, JAY LAKE!
(Well, he's not mine, but I am a member).

http://ficlets.com/stories/135

Steve Buchheit said...

It does look like there's a lot of people there.

Although, my first glimpse of it was a Thog's Masterclass example, Dept. of Wandering Senses "Leaving my head on the pillow, I rolled my eyes around the room, relieved that I had at least not gone home with the handsome stranger."

I hope they cleaned those eyeballs off after rolling them around the room. And I hope they swept.