I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Postage Rates! Smack!

Last night I'm getting the Robert's Thunder manuscript ready for the Writers of the Future contest. I've got my postcard (with it's jokes), the manuscript prepared properly (cover page, manuscript without name, etc, always read the submission guidelines), the labels for the right addresses, the SASE... The SASE which won't come back to me until around the end of June (with an acceptance letter this time, please). After the postage rates go up. So my stamps won't be enough. Argh!

Dang burn it. When I started this thing I would send my manuscripts out with a full-sized return envelope. After four of those I had the postal people trained (Yes, this envelope doesn't have anything in it right now, but it will when it comes back...). And then I said, why am I paying all this postage when I can also have one envelope that needs metered and I'm good. I can seal up the whole thing the night before. No muss.

Now I need to buy $.02 stamps, if they're even available yet and do the whole rigamarole again. Bastages.

2 comments:

Camille Alexa said...

I've still got a bunch of 2-centers from the last hike, which seems suspiciously recent, if you ask me.

(word ver: nttjwd..."Not The Thing Jesus Would Do"?)

Steve Buchheit said...

HA! And since I'm currently listening to The DaVinci Code, Double Ha!