I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Submit In-tion

Well, this will jinx it all.

The Pirate Story is still at Shimmer, and the Slush God is very prompt, so I'll take that as a good sign. The other two stories have been at their markets since January, one magazine had an editorial shuffling, which I was worried about and now feel very good about. I'm not kissing butt here. Ann VanderMeer is an excellent editor and I think her position at Weird Tales and what they're doing there look like a good match. I don't have my reponse card back from LCRW, but then with my past submissions they send it all back together in the SASE.

I've got a lot to read between now and Sunday's writer's group. Work is relaxing a bit (hey, only 6 hours of OT so far). Hopefully the rest of the week will go well. I need to type in all my notes for "Winter Occupant/7-Year Itch," that may break the log jam in my head.

Also I finished the John Scalzi books (Old Man's War and Android's Dream), which should also help with that log jam as well. I like John's work, but I've posted before that there are some authors that when I read their stuff my mind shuts down. It has nothing to do with the quality of their writing, but how it affects me. With some authors I'm constantly stopping reading to write down notes (which normally have nothing to do with what I'm reading, but story ideas and muse whisperings). I don't have that happen when I'm reading Scalzi, but I really like his books. Just a thing.

No comments: