I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I've seen it raining fire in the sky

Colorado finally acknowledges common sense and names "Rocky Mountain High" their state song. 'Bout damn time, dudes. Yet there was still opposition because of the word "High." Are will that crazy, still?

He was born in the summer of his 27th year
Comin' home to a place he'd never been before
He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again
You might say he found a key for every door...

And the Colorado rocky mountain high
I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky
I know he'd be a poorer man if he never saw an eagle fly
Rocky mountain high.

No comments: