I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Boomerang Submission! And let me sleep on it.

Leah Bobet over at Ideomancer sends word that they're over bought with poetry and so will be closed to new poetry submissions for a few months. edited for clarification

There was that little voice in the back of my head that told me not to close out all those browser windows last night. Those windows included all my searches. Ah, well. I think I know where I'll send it next anyway. Just need to double check to see that they're still open.

This is okay, because on the way in today not only did I come up with two different edits for A History of Lightning (which solve two problems I was having last night, which I wasn't very happy with my solutions then, but I think these work better) I also had a different idea for the second stanza of the poem. Yes, they're all on a little scrap of paper right in front of me.

Unfortunately I need to start focusing on house work and I've got stories to critique for Sunday. Hmm. Think I might not be sleeping Friday and Saturday nights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To poetry submissions, actually. We're open to fiction submissions.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks Leah. I guess I didn't make that clear did I. Going to edit right now. Thanks. And BTW, thanks for all the nice comments in my rejection letters. They really help.