I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, December 22, 2008

Lightning in a Bottle

Did the final run through, had to add some words to make some of the sentences work better. We're at 4370 words now, so yes I cut some others. It's printed on good paper and in the envelope with SASE and postcard. So as soon as I can get to the post office it'll be off (either tomorrow or Wednesday). I'm going to list it in submission now because I may not be able to update the site quickly after it's off.

So (as long as the river don't rise) I'll make my yearly goal by a week. Not exactly good because I try and set my goals low enough that I know I can make them. It's all about going beyond the goals. Most people look at goals as something to reach for, I look at them as something to vault. It's a perception thing.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Hey, Steve. Just thought I'd drop by and wish you Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Rick, and a Happy Holiday to you and yours. Hope you're all keeping warm up there on the other side of the lake.

I'll have to do a post about driving back home last night. It was freezing rain, and the entire road was black ice. Fortunately it was only for the last fifteen minutes of the drive. However, that fifteen minutes ended up taking over a half hour. Never want to do that again.