I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, December 12, 2008

Even stop lights blink a bright red and green

Well, it's the holidays and you know what that means, blowing the budget on the electrical bill. Yes, when I turn on my outside lights, the other lights in the house dim. Good friend Sheila wanted pictures, so here they are.

We'll start with the inside.

For every holiday with lights, I have a great mailbox that just begs to be wrapped up.

And, of course, you need to make the gateway into the house welcoming.

And when lighting you should consider all angles, like your own view from the house (in the back you can see some of my neighbors inflatables).

And here are my inflatables. May I introduce the next heartwarming holiday special, Frosty and his two drunken little brothers.

And an "all together picture" to take us out. As you can see, my heard of deer has grown.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Photos! The reindeer herd really rocks, and so what if it does force you to read by candlelight on occasion? Some things in life are worth it!

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Sheila, well, yeah. It's not so much candlelight as it's trudge downstairs in the dark to throw the breaker. I'm not as quick as a jackrabbit on a date, like the father in A Christmas Story, but I can get it done. We just need to get the nephew over and have him rewire the outside sockets to their own breaker.

Anonymous said...

Nawwwww, so christmasy-cute!

and this:
May I introduce the next heartwarming holiday special, Frosty and his two drunken little brothers.
is hi-larious.

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille. Thanks, as a die-hard connoisseur of holiday specials, I think I'd buy that DVD.