I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Sunday, December 14, 2008

It Must Be a Picture Weekend

About to start on the fourth rewrite of A History of Lightning. Actually, I'm about to start the keying in part, I've already completed the "combining all the suggestions from the critique group" and the "put in all the notes you have on scraps of paper" part. And as a demonstration of such an event, here is the first page of edits.


Again, this is the fourth round of edits. So you thought it would get easier did you? Ha, I say. Ha.

Okay, to be fair, this is just the first page so it holds some of the general comments I have to keep in mind for the overall rewrites/edits. That's most of the red marks up top. And one of the comments that most people agreed with was I didn't make the POV clear in the first paragraph, so that explains most of the marks there. The other pages have less red. No, really they do. Right now it stands at 4009 words.

No comments: