There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Monday, December 8, 2008

Tora, tora, Xmas

I took Sunday off to remember the Seventh of December in my own way. Which means I tried desperately to catch up with all the work at home.

I finished relamping a white-wire deer outdoor decoration. Last year we relamped the nine-foot Xmas tree. The year before I relamped some garland we had.

Why do I do this. Every time I swear I'll never do it again. And then something breaks and I have to fix it, or I try to save a little money, and I'm right back stubbing my fingers, bending my back in painful ways, and generally getting all grumpy.

But the deer is relamped and back out on the lawn. I moved it and two others to the side lawn as we kept throwing the breaker (and I replaced more incandescent strings with LEDs). When buying a house, pay attention to the electrical (also, run hot water through the taps for at least two minutes). Out front outdoor plugs are on the same circuit at our living/dinning room. Need to hire the nephew to put it on it's own breaker.

Put out less lights? What, are you crazy? (to be fair, I'm no where near those guys I remember from my youth that we would go see, or those people the local news do segments on, the ones that negotiate a special rate from the electrical companies) My neighbor and I are the big attraction on the street. People slow down as they drive by to take it all in. Of course, then they slow down and I look out because "the car is slowing down in front of our house what are they up to." Yeah, sometimes the paranoia can be a little much.

Finished up some business stuff, designed a new notepad for a client, set up getting printing quotes. And helped wrap packages. Busy boy.

Also, I wanted to let you all know I'm super-crazy busy at work for the next two days (at least). After sitting around plaguing you all with posts and comments, we're busy again (it's nice to be busy). I've got three books (benefits, contracts, etc, not fiction books, and nothing I wrote) to lay out. And the client went all explody with the different bullet points (kinds and levels, the most I've run into so far is five levels down of bullets; section, bullet, a) level, #) level, and A) level). So last Friday I was down to Zero posts to read, when I left tonight it was up to 200. You all are busy. Plus tomorrow is meeting night.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

I demand comments and reading and L.E.D.s.

I love that you get antsy about people slowing down to look at your house.

Anonymous said...

One small request?

When you do have time, how about posting some photos of the lawn decorations, so the far-out people can have a look?

Steve Buchheit said...

Nathan, I'm trying my best. Today I had to remind myself to get up and walk around. I had that body motion (and pain) that happens when you've sat in the same position for way to long.

And yeah, it's like, "What the heck are they doing?" (scope out type of car, how many people are inside, details for the police report) Then I have to remind myself, "Oh yeah, they're just looking at the decorations."

Sheila, I'm working on it. I'll try and have them up before the weekend (along with the tree this year).