There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Monday, December 15, 2008

Only two links (so far - more later?)

Jeff VanderMeer returns to the Land of the Living(tm) after cranking out his latest novel. And he brings pictures of the novel process (is that the process he uses is novel, or that it's the process he uses to make a novel, I'll let you decide). Anyway, it's always good to see someone else's process if only to make you realize you just aren't all that organized. Or something. As someone who posts his manuscript markups, I should make fun should I?

Justine Larbalestier gives her opinion on writing a blog as book promotion (with a follow-up here) and I have to say I agree with her. When I started blogging, it was because I didn't have any place to say what I wanted to say (well, I could say it to Bette, but then she gives me that look that says, "Why are you telling me this?"). So, yeah, I blog to annoy the rest of you. Because I care.

Via Colleen Lindsay at the Swivet, a a post with links to the state of the publishing industry vis a vis the ZOMG We're Going Down in Flames attitude. Edit it appears that the link to Juno Books that Colleen had doesn't work (thanks Camille). Here's S. Andrew Swann with some figures from the story and here's a post at Juno Books that explains the article's disappearance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last link seems to be down.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks Camille. There's some new links on the post page, but it looks like the original was pulled.