I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Live by the shoddy analysis, die by the shoddy analysis

Hmm, okay, so if we go with the Fox News market analysis, I guess todays market shows that Wall Street likes 1) Negotiating with the Taliban terrorists, 2) Separating politics from science (hence leading us to stem cell research and acknowledging Global Warming is caused by human activity), 3) want the spending increases in the omnibus spending bill, or 4) Actually think that isolating the Troubled Assets to remove the risk from the market is a good idea (instead of just giving banks money). Your choice Fox.

I'm waiting.

I'm going for all five. Or, you know, Wall Street doesn't really react to political news bites, but to perceived market fundamentals and how much money they have to invest. My guess is that enough money had been sidelined, that if certain entities don't invest it by the end of the quarter their position sheets won't look nice.

edit corrected spelling with the help on an anonymous blogging friend (who can out themselves if they like).

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Hey, I've been known to get all stabby over things. How was I to know some journalist hadn't really gotten all shotty?

Steve Buchheit said...

Hey Nathan. I know some people get all wound up about those things. Not me. I don't always proof my blog posts (and comments) all that well.

In this case, I've always pronounced it "shotty." I blame my crappy ears as a kid (and even now I have hearing loss). The spell checkers couldn't help me with it (usually I try googling the word as a last resort, but this time I didn't have the time).

So in general, I'm open to critiques, having logic errors pointed out to me, saying I'm not being clear about things, and correcting spelling and grammar (although me a Strunk and White don't always see eye to eye). I don't take it personally.