I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Friday, March 13, 2009

Reading the tea leaves (somewhat convoluted maybe, possibly, good news)

updated 3-13-09 8pm Well I knew I should have waited to get home. Sure enough the rejection letter lay in wait for me. No honorable mentionings, no finalists, nothing. Well, Joni did scratch out the "Contestant" and wrote in my name. And she signed it in ink with the admonishment to "Keep Writing," which in the past has been printed. The letter also reads differently than previous rejection letters. So I don't know exactly what to think. Except that I need to find another market for it. An additional thought, my past two submissions haven't made the cut with WotF. That's somewhat worrying. end update

Writers of the Future blog just posted the first list of Honorable Mentions for the 1st quarter. You'll notice I'm not on there. Nor have I received a rejection letter, yet (hey, I live in the middle of cow country, mail is slow sometimes). Of course this is also just the first list (she usually posts two or three lists). However, there have been quarters that they have been posting the lists, and I've made the lists (or they sent me the wrong letter), but my name hasn't appeared.

So that maybe a round about way of saying History of Lightning is still in the running. More than likely. Hopefully. Go, little story, go.

3 comments:

mattw said...

Go story go

Anonymous said...

Who knows... My name never showed up on the site for the last round of Honorable Mentions, but I did get the certificate in the mail.

Steve Buchheit said...

Thanks, Matt and Mer, although I have other news that I'm editing the main entry about.