I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Monday, March 9, 2009

Something like productive

Today's day off proved to be productive, but not in the way I wanted it.

Things accomplished:
1) returned lost cat to owner
It had been wandering around for the past three weeks
2) replaced (upgraded) light fixture in laundry room
Hint, turn on light, then throw breaker to make sure you have the correct breaker off (zapped twice)
3) met with client to go over letter and mailing
Trying to save client money, he's done things for us so $.50 per letter just ain't cutting it.
4) dropped off Village laptop for upgrade
It's a Windows machine, I hardly use it except for official business
5) Freed wood rack from being frozen to the ground
One day that was semi warm caused it to tip over, and then the ground froze again, I didn't restack the wood yet
6) post blog entry explaining why my word count is off today
You're reading it.

Things not accomplished:
1) word count
At least not yet
2) replace electrical plug in kitchen
Haven't had a moment where I can have the electric off (half the house)
edit 6pm Installed. Now our appliance plugs won't keep dropping out. Was really annoying.
3) Get quote from copy cop
To get cost down for client (hell, I might just print it off)
edit 6pm WTF, FedEx and Copy Max (Imcopy or some weird name like that) don't publish their prices. Oh, but they'll accept your work and then give you a price. Bzzzt. Thanks for playing.
4) Turn five 2x4x8's into extra wood rack
We've got a lot of wood to stack
5) Procrastinate by checking and commenting on friends blogs
I'm getting to it

Hope your day was more productive.

4 comments:

Random Michelle K said...

Stupid question.

Did you know that plugs should be installed "upside down" from what we grew up with?

Ground should be on the top (assuming three prong outlet). This way if something falls on the plug, it hits the switch.

&ampnbsp;

Steve Buchheit said...

Nope, didn't know that. Although I would think if something dropped on it that was there would be a greater chance of shearing off the ground.

But this plug is installed horizontally on the side of our cabinets (end of the "L"). It was a pretty tight fit and it took me a while to get it all in. Plus the original electrician wrapped all the connections in electrical tape. So I matched what they did. So far no fires so I guess I did it okay.

Random Michelle K said...

Oh it's not a fire issue, and if it's behind something, you're good. :)

I believe simply that the code for new installs is upside down.

It's not like I've rotated every freaking plug in my house. :)

Steve Buchheit said...

You know, Michelle, I've seen some of those installed. Now I know it's because of new building codes.