I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence
And so the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're goin' through

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Reading the Entrails

So, there is some possibility of avoiding axes in the near future. A distant possibility, and I'll know more after the weekend, but I'd place the possibility higher than the 1% Doctrine. Not that I'd lay money on it.

So now I just need to get over myself and get some other things done. Like I should get new glasses. Priced just lenses today. For the bifocals to be placed in existing frames (I have some older larger ones than the German Proctologist's glass I wear daily) is $221 (includes 30% AAA discount, these would be bifocals with line). Lenses without the bifocal for the GP glasses is $161. Granted I need high-tech lenses. Glasses would require rigging to haul around and I can't wear polycarbonate lenses. They clash. Well, actually I'm a part of that minority that see rainbows with polycarbonate lenses. It's like those LSD, I mean, rainbow glasses they used to sell as novelties. You don't want that as your normal view on life. And again, any frame I really felt looked okay on me was north of the $200 mark.

Didn't do any word count these past two days. However I did UPR and actually have one sent off. Not much out there, but I'm just starting my search. Most things are either the kinds of positions I've avoided (because I like having half a brain and I don't miss the stress involved) or basic entry "start a fabulous career in the wonderful world of design, and we'll let you get a start by not paying you much" kinds of positions. Either that or they're the mix of "receptionist/designer" or "more mad internet skillz than my friends who do this for a living have / designer" jobs. If all else fails there's the Wal-Mart in Middlefield or going back to school to get my Class A driver's license.

No comments: