There's battle lines being drawn.
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Young people speaking their minds
getting so much resistance from behind

Sunday, March 1, 2009

But at night I'm a junk food junkie

So I didn't get to do things I wanted to do today. Instead I'm working, again, on things I'll get very little pay for. Because of that, I'm munching on comfort food.


You can have your greasy foods and your depression era make do-s, for me it's mostly cheese. And here Steve betrays that even though his ancestry includes peoples from Irish Rock Farmers to Russian Schtettle Refuges, it's mostly Slavic/Germanic.

Along with Mustard Cheese, Horseradish is a sometimes favorite (I can't eat it all the time, but a few times a year is good). Mmm, cheese.

7 comments:

Shawn Powers said...

HA! We have some things in common, my friend. I just got back from the store with a nice little block of applewood smoked Gruyère. :)

And now, I will eat it instead of yelling at people. hehehehe

Nathan said...

GF created a cheese spread today. She won't tell me what's in it (what kind of cheeses, etc), but I know it has a kick and horseradish is definitely in there.

Shawn...have some chopped liver on a cracker. You know you want to.

Steve Buchheit said...

Shawn, mmm, smoked gruyere. mmm ::homer simpson drool::

Nathan, horseradish, if it's fresh (and let me tell you, that cheese was made with fresh horseradish) will give anything a kick. Like a mule.

mattw said...

Dang that sounds good. There's a place in Wisconsin that we used to get six- and ten-year-old sharp cheddar. That stuff was pretty potent.

Steve Buchheit said...

Now that's sharp cheese. Mmmm.

Anonymous said...

Cheeeeeezzzzzzzeee.....
One of my goals in 2009 was to ignore more cheese. I've decided this cannot be done, as the cheese it does call.

Steve Buchheit said...

Camille, if you ignore the cheese for too long, the cheese ignores you. And that is a situation you just don't want. Plus, ignoring cheese leads you to fuzzy cheese and that's just not good eats.